- Connects to any existing Standard & Custom data objects.
- Supports the view as per User Profile & Record Types.
- Maintenance of view/pages easy with inbuilt versioning.
- Scalable with the number of components in each page.
- Supports external Data sources too using OData, REST, etc.
- Works on MVVM approach similar to AngularJS.
- Pre-built CSS & Themes helps in customizing look & feel quickly.
- Seamlessly interacts with SF Tabs, Buttons, Views, etc.
Comparison with Visual Force :
Building blocks :
- Models – Models determine what data will be pulled into a page. Each model is based on a single Salesforce object, a REST service, or an ODATA service.
- Components – Components are the building blocks of Skuid. They are what define a page’s functionality. They also introduce many capabilities above and beyond of their standard Visual Force counterparts.
- Labels – Allows you to use Force.com Custom Labels, along with Translation Workbench, to display public-facing text in each of your users’ preferred Language.